What is the Full Form of PHP or Full form of PHP?
Dear friends, today I am here to share “what is the full form of PHP or Full form of PHP and meaning”. Here, in this post, I am also providing details on What are the Key features of PHP and what are the Advantages of PHP.
So, let us move to the post.
What does PHP mean – What is the Full Form of PHP
The short form PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor originally stood for Personal Home Page. PHP allows the web developers to write dynamically generated pages quickly and efficiently.
Basically, it is a free and open source general-purpose scripting language designed for web development. In addition to this, It is also used as a general-purpose programming language.
PHP – Hypertext Preprocessor was invented by Rasmus Lerdorf in the year 1994. But, it comes into the market in the year 1995. It is mainly created from the C, C++, and Java languages.
A PHP file consists of HTML tags, texts, and scripts with a file extension of .php, .php3, and .phtml. With the help of PHP, one can create a login page, create forums, design a form, dynamic and static websites, so and so.
Basically, PHP codes are mixed with the HTML codes which are used in the combination with various kinds of web frameworks later. The PHP code is processed by a PHP interpreter. It allows the web developer to create dynamically generated pages quickly in compared to others.
Key features of PHP
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor originally stood for Personal Home Page.
- It is a server-side scripting language.
- It is an open source software which is free to download and use.
- It supports various databases such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase, Solid, Informix etc.
Advantages of PHP
- It is an open source software which is free to download, use and distribute.
- It is platform independent that can be run on all major operating systems.
- It is cooperative with almost all servers used today.
- It has multiple layers of security to prevent threats in addition to prevent other malicious attacks.
- It is very easy to learn and understand. It is mainly created from the C, C++ and embedded with HTML.