What is the full form of ACC – ACC Meaning
Full Form of ACC: Associated Cement Companies
The short form ACC stands for Associated Cement Companies. The company was previously recognised as the Associated Cement Companies. The company is one of the foremost manufacturers of cement as well as also of ready-mixed concrete in India.
The company’s headquarters are located on the Maharishi Karve Road, Mumbai, also known as Cement House.
In India, the cement manufacturing company is operating around 17 state-of-the-art cement factories, along with 60 ready-mixed concrete plants. The cement manufacturing company is also known for providing the best ready-made cement throughout the country.
As of Oct. 2017, Mr Neeraj Akhoury is the MD & CEO of ACC limited.
- Premium cement
- Portland cement
- Ready Mixed Concrete
- Bulk cement
- Ready Mixed Concrete Value Added Products
Brief History of ACC: Associated Cement Companies
- The Associated Cement Companies Ltd was founded in August 1936 as the result of merging of ten existing cement companies across the county.
- The very first indigenous cement plant of India was established in 1944 at Chaibasa in Bihar.
- In 1956, it set up the very first bulk cement depot at Okhla in New Delhi.
- In the same year, it also established a Central Research Station at Thane.
- In the year 1973, the company owns the Cement Marketing Company of India.
- In the year 1978, the company has introduced Precalcinator technology for the very first time in India.
- In the year 1999, the house of TATA was associated with the company.
- In 2006, the Bargarh Cement Ltd, Damodhar Cement & Slag Ltd, and Tarmac (India) Ltd merged with the Associated Cement Companies Ltd and the company is renamed to ACC Ltd.
- In the year 2008, it introduces the ACC Cement Technology Institute at Jamul.
- In the year 2011, it received the ISO 9001-2008 certification from the Det Norske Veritas (DNV) AS Certification Services.
- 2010: The company enter the platinum jubilee year and became the first company of the cement industry world to do so.
- 2011: The company introduced the world’s largest kiln at ACC Cement Plant in Karnataka.
- 2013: ACC company won the CII-ITC Sustainability Prize and also ranked as the Most Admired Company of India in the cement sector.
- 2014: It started Waste Heat Recovery System (WHRS) at Gagal, for the energy conservation.
- 2015: The company established two waste pre-processing plants at Wadi and Kymore to increase the usage of industrial waste.
- 2017: ACC company won the “Silver Award” for excellence in Financial Reporting from the ICAI.