What is the Full Form of AIDS???
AIDS full form AIDS – Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
The short form AIDS stands for “Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome”. The specific meaning of each of the term in the AIDS short form is as below:
- Acquired – You can get infected with it.
- Immune Deficiency – It states the weakness of the body’s immune system.
- Syndrome – It is a group symptom that makes up a disease.
What is AIDS – Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
AIDS is a disease that is caused by the virus human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It may progress for a long period of time without any kind of symptoms in the initial stage.
In the initial stage of AIDS, your body gets ill along with a cough, fever, body fever, etc.
In the initial stage of AIDS, this disease more interferes with the human immune system which results,
it makes the infected person too weak and receptive to common infections like Tuberculosis, asthma, tumors, etc.
Symptoms of AIDS
AIDS is mainly caused due to HIV. It can be easily transmitted from person to person in numbers of ways. The followings are some symptoms of AIDS, check them out.
- Rapid weight loss.
- Sore throat.
- Recurring fever.
- Extreme night sweats.
- Extreme tiredness.
- Muscles and joint pain.
Prevention of AIDS/HIV:
The followings are some steps, by which you can prevent the occurrence of AIDS and HIV.
- Avoid sexual contact with the following:
- People with Multiple sex partners.
- People infected and suspected to be infected with AIDS.
- A person who takes IV drugs.
- A person who has multiple partners.
- Do not make use of intravenous drugs.
- HIV positive (HIV+) women should not breastfeed.
- Avoid Safe sex practices such as the use of latex condoms.
- Exposure of blood should be avoided when the HIV status the bleeding person is unknown.
- A person with HIV positive (HIV+) should not donate blood, sperm, plasma, and body organs.
- Required medications and precaution should be taken in order to reduce the chances of infection to the unborn child.
How HIV virus infects?
HIV virus attacks primarily attacks on the T-cells of the immune system causing the human body too weak. Which results in, it can be easily affected by bacteria, virus, fungi, etc
In the initial stage, it can show easily spreadable symptoms such as a headache, sore joints, fever, and muscles, etc.
Afterward, the infection spreads throughout the human body heavily and makes the human immune system so weaker that it’s started the ability to fight the normal diseases, infections, and cancers.
In the following stages, it can reach to the extreme condition and will progress to AIDS, if the person infected with HIV will be not treated properly.
Stages of HIV
There are three stages of HIV infection:
- Acute HIV Infection
- Chronic HIV Infection
- AIDS/ Advanced Infection
Stage 1 – Acute HIV Infection
- This is the first #1st stage of HIV infection. At this stage, people don’t know right away when they are infected with HIV.
- The first #1st stage of HIV infection runs for around two to four weeks to appear the symptoms.
- This stage is also called primary HIV infection or acute retroviral syndrome.
- Flu-like sickness is the main symptom of this stage and that is why is it is this stage is known as acute HIV infection.
Stage 2 – Chronic HIV Infection
- This is the second stage of HIV infection. In this stage, the flu-like symptoms disappear and the immune system loses the battle.
- The other symptoms may take months or years to appear.
- This stage is also known as asymptomatic or clinical latent period.
- From here, the virus starts replicating in the body that gradually weakens the immune system.
- From here, there are chances that you can pass HIV to others.
- However, early testing is always a primary thing that should be done in any kind of weakness in the immune system.
Stage 3 – AIDS/Advanced Infection
- This is the #third and advanced stage of HIV infection.
- Here in this stage of the HIV, CD4 T-cell number dropdowns below 200 causing immunity decreases drastically. Which further results in more susceptible to opportunistic infections.
Reasons for HIV infection
Aids can be transmitted from person to person in many ways:
- Due to Blood transfusion.
- By unprotected intercourse with an infected person.
- From mother to a child (By birth), it can also be spread by breastfeeding.
- By the use of hypodermic needles.
- Through oral sex, in some cases, it can possible by deep kissing
- Through a donated organ received from an infected donor
- Artificial insemination with denoted semen infected with HIV
So, this is what I had shared all about What is the Full Form of AIDS, What is AIDS – Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Symptoms of AIDS, Prevention of AIDS/HIV, How HIV virus infects? Stages of HIV, Reasons for HIV infection.
However, if you want more info about full form of AIDS, then please comment us below through below comment box.