What is the full form of BCA – BCA Full Form
Do You know for what the abbreviations BBA stands for? No, Would you like to know about “What is the full form of BCA? or BCA Full Form? If YES, then check out this post.
Here, in this post, I had provided all the information about the BCA Such as What is the full form of BCA – BCA Full Form, Core Subjects of BCA, what are the minimum criteria to get admission in BCA, Most popular career options with the BCA, and so on so… here in this post.
Full Form of BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications
The short form BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.
Basically, BCA is an undergraduate degree program in the Field of Computer applications.
It is a degree course offered by many universities and institutes in India.
BCA is considered as almost equivalent to the B.Tech and B.E in Computer Science.
BCA is a three-year course and it is divided into 6 semesters. The main objective of this course is to provide a sound academic base to students and help them in pursuing an advanced career in the field of computer application and information technology.
Pursuing a BCA degree is the best option for all those students who want to make their future and career in the field of computer science and related fields.
Main Objective of BCA
The followings are the main objectives of this course.
- To offer professional competence in developing software.
- To offer a sound knowledge in key areas of computer science.
- To offer practical skills to solve the computer application’s problems.
BCA Core subjects
The following is the list of all core subject of BCA, accordingly to particular semester and BCA year. Make sure to check out the list.
BCA 1st Year: Semester – 1
- Business Communication
- Programming Principles and Algorithms
- Principles of Management
- Business Accounting
- Computer Fundamental and Office Automation
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (OA+PPA)
BCA 1st Year: Semester – 2
- Organizational Behavior
- C Programming
- Elements of Statistics
- Cost Accounting
- File Structure and Database Concepts
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (C.P + DBMS)
BCA 2nd Year: Semester – 3
- Data Structure using C
- Numerical Methods
- Software Engineering
- Management Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (D.S + RDBMS)
BCA 2nd Year: Semester – 4
- Inventory Management (SAD)
- Visual Basic
- Object Oriented Programming using C++
- Human Resource Management
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( VB + C++ )
BCA 3rd Year: Semester – 5
- .NET Frameworks
- Core Java
- Internet Programming and Cyber Law
- Project work ( VB )
- Principals of Marketing
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (.NET + Core Java )
BCA 3rd Year: Semester – 6
- Multimedia Systems
- Advance Java
- Introduction to SysPro And Operating Systems
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (Multimedia + Advanced Java)
- Project Work ( Cost Analysis, Banking & Finance, Payroll, Financial Analysis, EDP, ERP etc.)
Minimum criteria to get admission in BCA
- The minimum qualification to get admission is, you must have completed at least 10+2 from any recognized university.
- In addition to this, Some universities also used to conduct an entrance test to get admission in this course.
- After the completion of this course, you can join an organization at the executive level.
When it comes to selecting a course after BCA, most of the students used to pursue MCA degree for better career prospects.
After MCA, you can work as a Network Administrator, Software developer, Web developer Trainer, Database administrator, Teacher etc.
BCA Career Prospects
The followings are some most important and valuable work profiles or designations offered to computer graduates:
- Programmer: In This job, you have to write codes for the given software.
- System engineer: In This job, you have to develop, test, and also evaluate circuits, software etc.
- Software developer: In This job, you have to develop software and to install, test and also have to maintain the same.
- Web developer: In This job, you have to develop World Wide Web applications and also have to develop and maintain websites.
- System Administrator: In This job, you have to set up and maintain the system and server.