What is the full form of COMPUTER?
In the present era, there is the great importance of computer. Basically, it is a not any kind of short form. The word “Computer” is derived from the word “compute” which means to calculate. That is A computer is an electronic device that can be used for fast calculation.
Some people define the electronic fast calculation device as the following:
COMPUTER – Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research
But, is it just a myth due to
- The definition itself does not make any sense.
- When computers were invested, they were just calculating machines which require a lot of space for the establishment.
What is COMPUTER
We can define a computer as the following:
“A computer is a general purpose electronic device that is used to perform arithmetic and logical operations automatically. A computer consists of a central processing unit and some form of memory.”
Basically, A computer is made of two components. These are
- COMPUTER = Arithmetical Logical Unit (ALU) + Control Unit (CU)
It takes data as input, processes them and provides meaningful results as output. We gather immature facts as statistics and these statistics are put into the computer. The computer provides information to us by processing these data.
The ALU (Arithmetic Logical Unit) is used to carry out arithmetic and logical operation. Whereas, the CU (Control unit) is used to change the order of operations in response to the stored information.
The computer can be categorized on the two bases. It can be categorized on the basis of their developments whereas it can also be categorized on the basis of technology. Both of these details are mentioned below. Make sure to check out:
Categorization on the basis of generation
- First generation computers: (1940-1956) based on Vacuum tubes.
- Second generation computers: (1956-1963) based on Transistors
- Third generation computers: (1964-1971) based on Integrated Circuits
- Fourth generation computers: (1971- Present) Based on Microprocessors
- Fifth generation computers: (Present and Beyond) based on Artificial Intelligence
Categorization on the basis of technology
- Digital Computer
- Analog Computer
- Hybrid Computer
Categorization on the basis of Working Areas
There are many types of computers are there on the basis of their specific working areas: There are –
- Super computers
- work frames Computers
- personal computers
- desktops computers
- palmtops etc.
- It works fast, i.e. it saves time.
- It works in errorlessly.
- It facilitates permanent and large storage capacity.
- It is capable of making intense decisions according to the prescribed instructions.
Uses of Computers
In the modern era of technology, computers are supposed as the superpower machine that can be used in almost all types of working area. However, some of its basic uses are mentioned below:
- In the field of education
- In scientific research
- In railway and air passenger reservation
- in bank
- In defense
- In business
- In communication
- In the entertainment
Basic Work of Computer
The following are the basic work of the computer.
- Data Collection
- Data Storage
- Data Processing
- Data Output
If you suffering any problem regarding the full form of COMPUTER, feel free to ask me via comment. If you find this post informative, do consider sharing it on Google plus and Facebook and Whatsapp. Thanks for visiting our site and stay tuned to our site for more stuff like this.