What is the full form of UPA & NDA
The full form of UPA is United Progressive Alliance
The full form of UPS is the United Progressive Alliance. Basically, it is a coalition of center-left political parties formed after the 2004 general election in India.
Indian National Congress is the largest member party of the UPA and Former National President Sonia Gandhi is the chairperson of the UPA. In 2004, UPA formed a government with the support of other left-aligned parties.
The full form of NDA is National Democratic Alliance
The full form of NDA is National Democratic Alliance.
Currently, NDA is led by National Political Party BJP. The following is the list of NDA alliance parties:
- Bhartiya Janata Party(BJP),
- Shiv Sena, Janata Dal (United),
- Shiromani Akali Dal(SAD),
- Indian National Lok Da (INLD),
- Asom Gana Parishad(AGP),
- Nagaland People’s Front, Gorkha Janmukti Morcha,
- Uttarakhand Kranti Dal, Kamtapur Progressive Party,
- Ladakh Union Territory Front,
- Mizo National Front and
- Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
UPA History & UPA Parties Members
UPA was formed after the 2004 general elections. It mainly formed due to in 2004, there is no party, that had won an absolute majority to make the government.
UPA United Progressive Alliance is led by National Political Party Indian National Congress(INC), the UPA alliance parties names are given below:
- Indian National Congress
- Rashtriya Lok Dal
- Rashtriya Janata Dal
- Indian Union Muslim League
- Mahan Dal
- Kerala Congress
- Socialist Janata (Democratic)
- Revolutionary Socialist Party ( Rebel)
- Peace party of India
- Janata Dal (United)
Past Members of UPA
The Following is a list of Political parties which were associated with UPA once but, withdrawn from the coalition due to some reason.
- Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Bahujan Samaj Party
- Left Front
- People’s Democratic Party
- Pattali Makkal Katchi
- Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
- Nationalist Congress Party
- Jharkhand Mukti Morcha